2017 Women Run/Walk Memphis
Presented by Memphis Runners Track Club
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter (#MRTCWRWM) for updates!
Registration is OPEN
Registration $35 through midnight, June 26, 2017
$40 June 27- July 24, Registration closes midnight July 24, 2017
Registration includes the WRWM EXPO, Monday night training sessions, WRWM technical t-shirt and participation in the
WRWM Graduation 5K Saturday, September 9, 2017.
EXPO: Monday June 26, 2017, 5-7pm, Shelby Farms FedEx Events Center
1st Training Session Monday, July 10th, 2017
Memphis Runners Track Club (MRTC) is proud to support women and running by hosting the 2017 Women Run/Walk Memphis 10-week training program (2010 RRCA Beginning Runner's Program Winner) with groups for Walkers, Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced Runners, ending with the Graduation 5K for participants only on Saturday, September 9, 2017, 8am.
- Registration closes midnight, July 24, 2017 or when program maximum (1,200) is reached, whichever is first
- Registration includes once-weekly (Monday night) training sessions, a technical shirt and the Graduation 5K (for participants only)
- Any female age 10 and above is welcome
- WRWM will Kick-off with an Expo Monday, June 26, 5-7pm, Shelby Farms FedEx Events Center
- At the Expo you will have a chance to register (if you haven't already), meet the coaches and have any of your questions answered, purchase technical wear, learn from local running stores about shoes and proper running apparel, and visit vendors and sponsors booths.
- Pacing-oriented training begins July 10, 2017, meeting every Monday evening, 6:30pm, July - August (NO training on Labor Day)
- Please arrive early for announcements or speakers
- Locations are outlined on each group's page (links to the left)
- YES - you can miss training sessions if needed - just follow the training plan for that week as noted on the page for your group (links to the left)
Training will include information on topics such as:
Choosing the proper training program for your current abilities
Properly following your training program
Nutrition and Hydration
The importance of proper shoes and technical clothing
Warm Up/Cool Down/Stretching
The 'Graduation' 5K will be held Saturday, September 9th, 8am at Cancer Survivor's Park on the east side of Audubon Park & the Botanic Gardens, at South Perkins across from Theater Memphis.
This race is open only to women who have registered for and completed the training program.
Please note that event communication will be via email, Facebook, and posted to this site. If you include an email address on your registration and do not receive updates PLEASE CONTACT US.
Some business firewalls and/or spam filters will block our emails; MRTC and WRWM are not responsible for failure to receive our updates.